YouTube is an American online video sharing platform and social media it is launched on 14, February 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. . This company has headquartered in San Bruno, California, United States. It is ranked the second number after Google in the list of search engines. Today YouTube is owned by Google and now in today's world, it is the most valuable thing in every person’s life. Almost in every country, every person has access to it. Very few countries banned YouTube.
Importance of Youtube:
It is the most valuable platform today because it’s also helping people to make their life easy by providing every single thing e.g. online video lectures, recipes, entertainment, motivation to do hard work for goals, and many more. In October 2006, YouTube was bought by Google for $1.65 billion. When Google owned YouTube in 2006 than it change its business model and it’s no longer generating revenue from advertisement only. Now YouTube offers paid content such as movies and exclusive content.
As YouTube is a greater invention and in 2006 the different videos started gaining more than 100 million views a day. This quick growth of YouTube was unbelievable. Then they started introducing new features over time to time. The first YouTube video was uploaded on April 23, 2005. There are many stories about the inception of YouTube and the story of YouTube is also shown on media.
Hurley had studied design at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and Chen and Karim studied computer science together at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. They were employees at PayPal before it was taken by eBay. YouTube co-founder Steve Chen said that YouTube was registered as an online dating platform and the former of YouTube wanted the people to tell about themselves and their desirable partner.
But afterward, this idea was not proved to be successful because people didn’t take much interest in uploading the content about dating only. People try uploading different types of content. Founders of YouTube came up with the 'Tune in, Hook up' tagline. Now at this point, the story of today's YouTube is started. After this founder decided to make YouTube for all kinds of videos.
First video of youtube:
The first YouTube video title: 'Me at the Zoo' Video was uploaded on 23rd April 2005. Due to YouTube's simplicity and easy use and for all people that is why it reaches success in a short time. Then in 2006 YouTube was sold to Google and now YouTube has 2 million active users. The one main goal of YouTube is to give everyone a voice and give them a chance to show their talent to the global world. On YouTube, everyone can upload a video because it gives everyone’s opportunity. The mission of YouTube is “Our mission is to give everyone a voice and show them the world.”
YouTube Premium is a service provided by the YouTube platform in which an ad-free version of YouTube is available. YouTube Premium has the following services.
- YouTube premium provides an ad-free experience. Due to this, a user can watch his favorite video/movie without interrupting.
- Free version of YouTube which most people use in that some not all video can be downloaded and saved on YouTube but YouTube premium provide this service.
- With YouTube premium users can enable a background play option for them in mobile and another device that is not available in YouTube free version and when we close the app audio stops playing.
- With this users can also easily explore the world of music improved by the YouTube music app. With YouTube, premium users can play the music in the background while using other apps.
- Users can also get access to YouTube Original series and movies with premium.
YouTube Premium is also available on kids' YouTube.
This feature is launched in 2018 and content creators can only get access to this once YouTubers cross 10000+ subscribers. YouTube stories are shown on mobile only.
YouTube Kids is an app launched by a subsidiary of Google YouTube. This app is specially made for kids of age 5-9. This app is insecure that it will not show any inappropriate content to young children. Its app version is released on 15, 2015 for android or IOS. A website version of YouTube Kids was launched on August 30, 2019. On May 27, 2020, it became available on Apple TV.
This service of YouTube is available on the web and also comes on an app. It is a music streaming service. This service also offers a premium ad-free playback audio-only background playback. These are those benefits that are also offered to subscribers of Google Play Music and YouTube Premium. Users can listen to music for free with this.
This is a rental service provided by YouTube in which buying movies is included. Some movies are available free on YouTube and others are paid. With this service, users can see the movies of his/her own choice.
This is a new feature of YouTube and is launched recently in September 2020. Small videos of almost 15 seconds are called shorts. This feature is really helpful in some ways because sometimes a person doesn’t want to see the whole video for almost 10 or 15 minutes and he can watch a short. It is also helpful if someone wanted to learn sometimes and needs a recipe. This new feature of YouTube gained the most popularity.
- Every minute over a hundred video is uploaded to YouTube.
- Longest video on YouTube is uploaded by Jonathan Harchick which is 571 hours, 1 minute, and 41 seconds.
- The first video that reaches 1 million views is a Nike advertisement featuring Brazilian football player Ronaldinho.
- There are more than 37 million channels on YouTube.
- The domain youtube.com was bought on Valentine’s Day.
- Every month YouTubers watch almost 6 billion hours of videos per month, and it appears to be 4 billion videos every day.
- Most popular thing search on YouTube is music.
- YouTube has 98 different around the world and is also available in 76 different languages.
- Almost 45 percent of people use YouTube on daily basis.
- On every April fool day YouTube plays pranks on its million users.
YouTube's mission is to provide a platform where people can share and watch videos from all around the world. They want to connect and entertain people, helping them learn, laugh, and discover new things through videos.
Other related for this story:
Youtube, Youtube history, Youtube success story, Facts about youtube, Youtube premium, Youtube products and services, Steve chen, First video of youtube, Me at zoo, Youtube shorts, Youtube movies, Youtube music, Youtube stories, Youtube kids, motivational, motivational quotes, inspirational, inspirational quotes, success stories, success quotes, short quotes